Monkey See / Monkey Do - A Great New Dressmaking Course for LW
Monkey see / Monkey do
Copy and recreate your favourite garment
How many times have you looked at your favourite garment in your wardrobe and thought.......
'if only I could copy this and make myself another version'
Well now you can, in the autumn we are running a 10 week course where you will take your favourite garment, transform it into a paper pattern and then recreate the garment.
Jo will show you how to:
- take measurements from your garment and copy the pattern
- draft a paper pattern tailored to your size and shape
- add the shaping & styling details
- plan the construction sequence ( you can create your own manual here)
- construct the garment step by step
- add finishing touches for that professional edge
Suitable for: people who are confident making clothes and understand garment construction, maybe you have attended some of our dressmaking classes.
Days / Dates:
Thursday evenings x10, starts September 8th & finishes November 17th (with a break for half term)
Friday Mornings x10, starts September 9th & finishes November 18th ( with a break for half temr
Thursday evenings 7pm - 9pm
Friday Mornings 9.30am - 11.30am
Venue: Neighbourhood Church Hall, Beckenham, Kent
Tutor: Jo Steele
call or email to book